Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Long Do I Have?

29000 Men Comment
Below is a link to a prostate cancer nomogram developed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. I was provided this link by the moderator at The Cancer Forums. This can be a useful tool in developing your post-diagnosis cancer “battle plan.”

Having spent a career in the military, and now with my own management consulting firm, I was trained to proactively plan for various possible outcomes. The logical question that came to my mind at the time of my diagnosis was simply, “What can I do personally to improve my long-term survival probability.” More on this in my next post.

Sloan-Kettering - Prediction Tools: Prostate Cancer

“Our Prostate Nomogram helps physicians and patients decide which treatment will result in the greatest benefit. It is recommended that patients using the tool consult with a physician or other professional healthcare provider prior to making any treatment decisions.”

PREDICTION TOOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment. We are gathering information on a not-for-attribution basis about the stage of men's prostate cancer at diagnosis. If you feel comfortable in telling your story, we would like to know how you were diagnosed at the stage of your cancer at initial diagnosis.