Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Post

This blog will chronicle my journey through life with prostate cancer as my wingman. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December 2002, and underwent radical prostatectomy in May 2003. Since then, I have continued my business life and created a small non-profit, the Prostate Cancer Awareness Project, to get men to test annually. The past five years have been interesting ones, and I have decided to create this blog to post my thoughts for those that are following in my footsteps and those of the men who have preceded me. The blog name, 29,000 Men, refers to the approximate number of men that die each year in the United States from prostate cancer. I look forward to engaging with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment. We are gathering information on a not-for-attribution basis about the stage of men's prostate cancer at diagnosis. If you feel comfortable in telling your story, we would like to know how you were diagnosed at the stage of your cancer at initial diagnosis.